- Older Loved one living alone
This when the elder wishes to remain in their own home but has the comfort of knowing someone is checking in on them every day to make sure they OKAY
- A couple living together but one is a carer for the other
Usually, the husband or wife is looking after their partner and the family believe they safe
- People who have fallen or have a number of falls
The statistics show people who have fallen are much more likely to fall again.
- Loved ones with a disability or special need
- You have a pet and if you fall you want the pet to survive
Survival of pets it’s critical that you are found sooner rather than later. Caring for domestic animals is ongoing.
- People with chronic health conditions
- Anyone who needs post or pre-hospital transition care after surgery
- University students living away from home for the first time
- Persons living and working on their own as a security check in
- Where a person doesn’t need full-time attendance of a carer.
- Organisations that provide support in the in home care
- Medicine reminders
Do you need a monitored system?
A monitored system means the call button connects with someone at a 24/7 dispatch centre. Other systems can call a person of your choosing like a family member or friend.
At the end of the day, it still relies on the loved one wearing the Medical Alert Device and being able to make contact with the provider.
Do you need fall detection?
Some companies offer fall detection for an additional fee using the medical alert. Separate devices, an app for your mobile phone, a watch to wear that will notify the monitors of the device that you have fallen.
This is a feature that many systems provide however it is not without issues. The device must be worn and calibrated, battery operated you’ll need to make sure that the device comes with 2 batteries.
With drop indicating devices if you lay on the floor then an emergency call may be activated.
Beware of complicated pricing plans and hidden fees.
Companies will sometimes add these to ‘trick’ consumers. Look for ones without extra fees related to equipment, installation, or activation.
- 1 Automated Daily Care Calls for YOUR PEACE OF MIND.
- Your Loved One/s are Called EVERY DAY
- Up to 2 Alternate Numbers Included
- NO Contracts* – you can cancel anytime
- NO Setup Cost
- If the call isn’t answered then help will be called
Find out if your insurance, Medicare or NDIS will cover your system.
In some states of the USA Medicaid will cover at least part of the cost and your insurance company may offer discounts and waivers as well.
FALL PREVENTION IN THE U.S.
Falls among older adults are extremely common with an estimated 2.5 million older adults treated for fall injuries in the U.S. every year. An estimated 25,000 of those fall injuries result in death. Justifiably so, 8 out of 10 caregivers are worried about preventing falls by their parents or grandparents.
2.5 million Number of adults 65 years and older are treated in the ER for fall injuries in the US at a cost of $35,000
The average hospital bill for a fall injury with Medicare covering only about 78% of the cost
The percentage of hip fractures caused by falls is 95 per cent
The cost to society and the family of not being found early (preferably the next day) is horrendous. and this only one of 12 Reasons Where a Daily Check-in Call Will Help your loved one.
Let us know if you can think of more reasons why CareCallingNow daily check-in call would help you or someone you love and we’ll add it to our 12 Reasons Where a Daily Check-in Call Will Help